Posted on Thursday September 17, 2020
Our September releases come to you just a little smoke-tinged from all the fires in Northern California. No, we're all fine here, but it's been smoky enough some days to turn mid-afternoon into twilight, with an orange coloring more suited for Halloween than September.
We have six new releases this month, including three new patters (each with vocals from multiple dance programs by Dave Eno) and two songs from the classic Red Boot library
- RIV 994 - Grass Is Blue, The (Patter with SSD and Advanced vocals by Dave Eno)
- RIV 991 - Lucky Son Of A Gun (Vocals by Ted Kennedy and Nelda Eaton; formerly JBK 111)
- RIV 990 - Daisy A Day (Vocal by Kuniko Kawashima and Hiromi Kaneko, with harmony by Kuniko)
- RIV 989 - Little Less Talk (Vocal by Ted Kennedy; formerly RB 3039)
- RIV 988 - On The Horizon (Patter with SSD and Advanced vocals by Ted Kennedy)
- RIV 987 - Trucker's Holiday (Patter with SSD, Plus and Advanced vocals by Ted Kennedy)
We also have female versions for two of our previous releases:
- RIV 347 - Ode To Joy (Female version in key G by Nelda Eaton)
- RIV 1077 - Kiss Me (Female version in key B by Krista Baird, still part of our 2020 Winter Gold package)
To top it off, Aussie Tempos Recordings' Steve Turner has provided an alternate vocal for RIV 564 - Jingle Bells that has a unique Australian flavor!
As always, if you've already purchased one of the previous releases and would like the new tracks, contact Bob Elling directly.
You'll see more new releases than the six listed above if you go to our catalog page, www.riverboat.com/records/allmp3.php That's because our 2018 Autumn Gold package was just released as regular single titles. If you haven't already checked them out, this is a good time to do it!
Looking forward to the time that we can get back to dancing. Until then, stay safe and enjoy our new music!
Posted on Saturday August 15, 2020"We're having a heat wave, a tropical heat wave..."
It's been warmer than this in the past, but we're at a high point for this year right now. The Giants radio broadcast said yesterday that it had been 96 in San Francisco...almost unheard of!
With that in mind, we've got eleven titles for you this month at www.riverboat.com/records/allmp3.php: three new patters, and three from the Red Boot Library (including Jay-Bar-K):
- RIV 986 - A Whole New World (Vocal by Gaku Nakagawa and Kumi Takahashi, with harmony by Kumi)
- RIV 985 - Ring Of Fire (Vocal by Steve Edlund with harmony by Brent Mawdsley, female version by Nelda Eaton, formerly JBK 118)
- RIV 984 - I Need To Be In Love (Vocal by Max Masao Ringe)
- RIV 983 - Step By Step (Vocal by Kumi Takahashi)
- RIV 982 - I Washed My Face In The Morning Dew (Vocal by Kaneko Jr.)
- RIV 981 - Neighbors (Patter)
- RIV 980 - Dancing At The Prom (Patter)
- RIV 979 - Night In The City (Patter)
- RIV 978 - Street Fair (Vocals by Nelda Eaton and Ted Kennedy, formerly JBK 139)
- RIV 977 - All The Way (Vocal by Lawrence Johnstone, formerly RB 3083)
- RIV 976 - Butterfly (Vocals by Mitchell Osawa and Noriko Shinogaya, with harmony by Kumi Takahashi)
A Whole New World is, of course, from the Disney film Aladdin (both versions, so take your pick!). Step By Step is the Whitney Houston song, not the Eddie Rabbitt one. And Butterfly was a 1957 song by Andy Williams.
Posted on Wednesday July 15, 2020A slow month this month. Here in California, our governor has just announced a rollback in the reopening that has been taking place, so it looks like it'll be even longer before we can get back to square dancing again.
However, we do have a few titles coming out for you this month. Three new patters, a new singing call, a re-release from the classic Red Boot library, and another tune from Bubba Mingus' IAM Music catalog:
- RIV 975 - Sky Full Of Angels (Vocal by Kumi Takahashi, Duke Okada, Mitchell Osawa; harmony by Kumi)
- RIV 974 - Devil Woman (Vocal by Bubba Mingus; formerly IAM 001)
- RIV 973 - Sweet Baby Jane (Male vocal by Ted Kennedy, female by Nelda Eaton; formerly RB 177)
- RIV 972 - Vacation (Patter)
- RIV 971 - Sunrise Serenade (Patter)
- RIV 970 - Sadie Hawkins (Patter)
Note that "Devil Woman" is NOT the Marty Robbins song. It's a completely different song originally by Cliff Richard, and a nice fit for a Halloween dance.
Give them a listen and have some fun!
Posted on Tuesday June 09, 2020We have a few releases for you this month at our website, www.riverboat.com/records/allmp3.php -- two new patters, and two re-releases from the classic Red Boot library:
- RIV 969 - Don't Get Around Much Any More (Vocal by Lawrence Johnstone; formerly RB 3076)
- RIV 968 - Bobby Socks (Patter)
- RIV 967 - Lads and Lassies (Patter)
- RIV 966 - Smokey Mountain Breakdown (Patter; Formerly RB 303)
In addition, Brent Mawdsley has provided the vocal for the male version of last month's release RIV 964 - Annie's Song. Plus, Linda Rawlinson has contributed a female vocal (with re-keyed instrumental) for RIV 343 - So Long Red River Valley.
You can listen to samples and/or purchase at our website. The newest releases are always at the top of the listing (including package titles that have been recently released from package, as with the 2018 Summer Gold package that un-bundled last month).
Posted on Sunday May 17, 2020They say that April showers bring May flowers -- but around here, we only had about 1/2 inch of rainfall in April, and getting out to see the flowers is problematic. So we're bring you five releases this month: three new patters, plus a song from the classic Red Boot library. Plus, Bubba Mingus is bringing his "I Am Music" collection over to Riverboat, with the first one releasing this month:
- RIV 965 - You Make My Pants Want To Get Up And Dance (Vocal by Bubba Mingus; formerly IAM 002)
- RIV 964 - Annie's Song (Vocal by Heather Reynolds)
- RIV 963 - Sweet Dreams (Patter)
- RIV 962 - Rose Of Summer (Patter)
- RIV 961 - New Beginnings (Patter)
Annie's Song is, of course, the late John Denver's ode to his wife. And Disney fans will immediately recognize the song behind New Beginnings.
We also have a female vocal added to one of our prior releases. Nelda Eaton has added her rendition to RIV 929 - Taste Of The Wind, with accompanying instrumental rekeyed to D. As always, if you've already purchased that title and would like the new tracks, contact Bob Elling directly.
Hoping that all of you are weathering the current difficulties, and looking forward to a return to living and calling in the near future!
Posted on Saturday April 11, 2020In spite of the trying times in which we find ourselves today (or, possibly, to distract us from them), we are making a few new releases in the month of April, and are also adding a couple of female versions of songs already in our catalog:
- RIV 960 - Born To Run (Vocal by Duke Okada and Kumi Takahashi, with harmony by Kumi)
- RIV 959 - Latin Party (Patter)
- RIV 958 - Catfish (Patter)
- RIV 957 - Caribbean Vacation (Patter)
Born To Run isn't the Bruce Springsteen song; rather, it's a song introduced by Emmylou Harris and later done by Jessie Buckley in the movie "Wild Rose."
We also have a new female vocal for RIV 238 - White Lightning, done by Nelda Eaton, as well as a female version (in key F) for RIV 871 - This Is Me (the song from the movie "The Greatest Showman"), done by Krista Baird.
We hope you are all weathering this situation without serious strains. Purchasing music may not be an essential activity, but we're presenting these releases in the hope that it might help to break the monotony of sheltering at home and perhaps make things a bit more enjoyable!
Posted on Friday February 21, 2020In the wake of our 2020 Winter Gold package, we have four new releases for February (a singing call and three patters), plus new female versions for 4 other songs already in our catalog. The new stuff first:
- RIV 956 - Romance (Patter)
- RIV 955 - Big Dipper (Patter)
- RIV 954 - High Winds (Patter)
- RIV 952 - Prove You Wrong (Vocal by Mitchell Osawa from Elite Records, accompanied by [and with harmony by] Kumi Takahashi)
The new rekeyed female versions added to the catalog: (as always, if you've already purchased any of these and want the new tracks, contact Bob)
- RIV 261 - Mas Fina (New female version with vocal by Nelda Eaton)
- RIV 291 - Pickle Up A Doodle (New female version with vocal by Linda Rawlinson)
- RIV 348 - Born This Way (New female version with vocal by Krista Baird)
- RIV 446 - Matamoras (New female version with vocal by Nelda Eaton)
All of these are now available on our website. www.riverboat.com/records -- to find the songs with new female versions, just use the song search function.
Posted on Friday January 24, 2020Our newest package (it's not really a "mini" package, because there are 17 songs in it this time) is now available: 2020 Winter Gold. You'll find 16 singing calls and 1 patter, all for the price of $85 or $10 for each individual song. Several are available in both male and female keys...
- RIV 1068 - Best Part Of The Day (Vocal by Dan Nordbye)
- RIV 1069 - Love Is A Wonderful Thing (Vocals by Tony Oxendine of Royal Records, and Carol Hilliard (Reardon))
- RIV 1070 - Guitars And Tiki Bars (Vocal by Ken Bower)
- RIV 1071 - Galway Girl (Vocal by Jack O'Leary of Silver Sounds Music)
- RIV 1072 - I Can Make It (Vocal and harmony by Brent Mawdsley)
- RIV 1073 - Temple Bar (Vocal by Dan Nordbye)
- RIV 1074 - Color My World (Vocal by Dan Nordbye)
- RIV 1075 - Shakin' (Vocal by Tony Oxendine of Royal Records)
- RIV 1076 - Hold On To Your Hat (Vocal by Jack O'Leary of Silver Sounds Music)
- RIV 1077 - Kiss Me (Vocal by Steve Edlund)
- RIV 1078 - Irish Pub (Vocals by Jack O'Leary of Silver Sounds Music, and Nelda Eaton)
- RIV 1079 - Dream Lover (Vocal by Linda and Ralph Rawlinson)
- RIV 1080 - Pleasure Has Been Mine (Vocal by Elmer Sheffield of ESP Recordings, and Nelda Eaton)
- RIV 1081 - Key Lime Pie (Vocal by Jack O'Leary of Silver Sounds Music)
- RIV 1082 - Hottest Thing In Town (Vocal by Dan Nordbye)
- RIV 1083 - Put On A Happy Face (Vocal by Lawrence Johnstone)
- RIV 1084 - Robbie's Reel (Patter)
This list includes songs originally done by Kenny Chesney, Bobby Darin, Sawyer Brown, Michael Bolton and Dick Van Dyke, among others — a variety of styles and energy levels, and lots of fun in the making. There are several Irish songs for the upcoming St. Patrick's Day celebrations, too! Check them out and add them to your repertoire!
Posted on Monday January 13, 2020While we'll have more music coming out near the end of the month in our 2020 Winter package, we do have a few releases for the month of January: three new patters, a new singing call, a re-release from the classic Red Boot library, and two new female versions for past Riverboat releases...
- RIV 951 - Northern Lights (Patter)
- RIV 950 - Irish Brew (Patter)
- RIV 949 - Texas Celebration (Patter)
- RIV 948 - Fly Me To The Moon (Vocal by Duke Okada and Yumiko Ishihara)
- RIV 940 - Leona (Vocal by Steve Edlund and Brent Mawdsley with harmony by Brent, formerly RB 3000)
Our new female versions (including rekeyed music) are...
- RIV 524A - You Raise Me Up by Krista Baird, key Ab
- RIV 660B - Seven Spanish Angels by Nelda Eaton, key F
Also, you may have noticed a number of songs being flagged as new releases on January 1. Our 2018 January package has just been released into the catalog at our regular $7 single-title price, including
- RIV 1000 - Your Time Hasn't Come Yet Baby
- RIV 1001 - Story Of My Life
- RIV 1002 - Fare Thee Well
- RIV 1003 - Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
- RIV 1004 - Best Is Yet To Come
- RIV 1005 - When Can I See You Again
- RIV 1006 - My Tipperary Girl
- RIV 1007 - Rasberry Pi (Patter)
The full package is still available for $40, but you can now buy these titles as $7 singles instead of $10.
Posted on Monday December 16, 2019We have a few non-Christmas titles coming out this month to tide you over until the New Year. A couple of new singing calls, one from the classic Red Boot library, and three patters:
- RIV 947 - Kimosabe (Patter)
- RIV 946 - Pool Side (Patter)
- RIV 945 - Rise and Shine (Patter)
- RIV 944 - Our Sergeant Major (Vocal by Bob Farnell, and Silver Sounds' Corben Geis)
- RIV 943 - Behind Closed Doors (Vocal by Ron Schneider, formerly RB 155)
- RIV 942 - Good Luck Charm (Vocal by Yumiko Ishihara, Mitchell Osawa, with harmony track)
- RIV 941 - Jambalaya (Vocal by Noriko Sinogaya, Kuniko Kawashima, Ko Iwata, Max Masao Ringe, with a Japanese version and both English and Japanese harmony)
One thing to be aware of: on Behind Closed Doors, the opener, break and closer are all only 32 beats rather than 64.
Yes, Kimosabe is a version of our Lone Ranger patter from the 2018 Spring Gold package, but without the strong melody line.
We wish you a very Merry Christmas season (and Hanukkah, and the other holidays that fall around this time), and our best wishes for a happy and prosperous New Year!
Posted on Monday November 11, 2019We've added a couple of female versions to our 2019 Christmas package that came out in September:
- RIV 1063 - Christmas Stuff (New female version in key Bb with vocal by Carol Hilliard (Reardon), with available harmony
- RIV 1065 - Meet Me Under The Mistletoe (New female version in key F by Carol Hilliard (Reardon)
In the past month, we've also added Japanese and Swedish versions of Silent Night (RIV 1062) to the package. As always, if you've already purchased the package (or the individual titles) and would like the new tracks, contact Bob Elling directly.
We also still have last year's 2018 Christmas Gold package available, including At Christmas, Country Christmas, Silver Bells, Oh Holy Night and three holiday patters. Check both packages out on our Packages page!
In addition, two years have gone by since we released our big 2018 Gold package, and the 30 titles in that package have now been released into our regular catalog as singles for the regular $7 price. These are all of the titles between RIV 751 and RIV 780, including I Need A Hero and I Love How You Love Me.
Posted on Thursday October 24, 2019We're a bit late getting our October releases out, but it's not the end of the month yet! Two new singing calls with vocals from our Japanese friends, and three new patters:
- RIV 939 - Rodeo (Patter)
- RIV 938 - Plasma (Patter)
- RIV 937 - Blarney Stone (Patter)
- RIV 936 - Jerusalem (Vocal by Mitchell Osawa, Duke Okada, Kumi Takahashi)
- RIV 935 - Will You Walk With Me (Vocal by Mitchell Osawa, Duke Okada, Kumi Takahashi)
Both of the singing calls include harmony tracks. Enjoy!
Posted on Thursday September 19, 2019Our 2019 mini-package of 6 Christmas songs is now available for $30, or you can buy individual titles from the package for $10 each. You'll have plenty of time to practice them up before the Christmas season comes! All 6 are singing calls this time around...
- RIV 1062 - Silent Night including
- Male instrumental and vocal (key Ab) by Brent Mawdsley
- Female instrumental and vocal (key F#) by Krista Baird
- French vocal by Jack O'Leary of Silver Sounds
- Plus an instrumental in key G that Jack used
- German vocal (Stille Nacht) by Nils Trottman of New-Beat
- Harmony track for the male version by Krista
- Harmony track for the female version by Brent
- RIV 1063 - Christmas Stuff (Vocal and harmony by Kip Garvey)
- RIV 1064 - God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen / Star Of Wonder including
- Male instrumental and vocal (key D) by Brent Mawdsley
- Female instrumental and vocal (key Bb) by Krista Baird
- Harmony tracks for each
- RIV 1065 - Meet Me Under The Mistletoe (Vocal by Dan Nordbye)
- RIV 1066 - You Make It Feel Like Christmas (Vocal by Dan Nordbye)
- RIV 1067 - Oh Christmas Tree including
- Male insrumental and vocal (key D) by Nils Trottmann of New-Beat
- Female instrumental and vocal (key C) by Krista Baird
- German vocal (Oh Tannenbaum) by Nils
Silent Night and Oh Christmas Tree are, of course, classic Christmas carols. God Rest Ye... / Star Of Wonder is a mini-medley of two carols, with "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" on the opener and figures, and the chorus of "We Three Kings Of Orient Are" on the middle break and closer. Christmas Stuff is a song originally by Nathan Carter, Meet Me Under The Mistletoe was originally done by Randy Travis, and You Make It Feel Like Christmas came from Gwen Stefani. So, you have a variety of sources and styles to choose from!