Posted on Friday June 14, 2019Our newest mini-package is now ready for release. 12 songs, all singing calls, with a wide range of styles. Several of them include female versions in a separate key, and three offer optional harmony tracks:
- RIV 1050 - Story Book Love (The theme from A Princess Bride, with vocal and harmony by Brent Mawdsley)
- RIV 1051 - Skinny Dipping (Vocal by Dan Nordbye)
- RIV 1052 - Hills Of Donegal (Vocal by Jack O'Leary in key F, with a female version by Nelda Eaton in key G)
- RIV 1053 - Pirogue Joe (Vocal by Dan Nordbye)
- RIV 1054 - Say You Love Me (Vocal and harmony by Kip Garvey in key F, with a female version by Carol Hilliard (Reardon) in key C)
- RIV 1055 - Barking At The Moon (Vocal by Joe Saltel, from the Disney movie "Bolt")
- RIV 1056 - Do You Believe In Love (Vocal and harmony in key F by the BC Boys (Steve Edlund, Brent Mawdsley and Ray Brendzy [courtesy of Lou-Mac Records], with a female version by Krista Baird in key C)
- RIV 1057 - Raggle Taggle Gypsy (Vocal by Jack O'Leary in key A, with a female version by Nelda Eaton in key Eb)
- RIV 1058 - Sentimental Journey (Vocal by Lawrence Johnstone, with a female version by Linda Rawlinson in key E)
- RIV 1059 - Kiss Me Goodnight Sergeant Major (Vocal by Bob Farnell)
- RIV 1060 - Summer Place (Vocal by Lawrence Johnstone in key Ab, with a female version by Nelda Eaton in key C)
- RIV 1061 - It's Friday (Vocal by Jack O'Leary, courtesy of Silver Sounds Music)
You can buy the package of all 12 songs for $60, or individual titles for $10 each, on our Packages page at www.riverboat.com/records/packages.php -- check out the sample clips there!
Posted on Thursday May 23, 2019We almost managed to let May slip by without any releases. Almost, but not quite: we have three new patters, and a song from the classic Red Boot library, plus a new female vocal...
- RIV 914 - About Time (Patter)
- RIV 913 - Pickin' Peaches (Patter)
- RIV 912 - After Shock (Patter)
- RIV 910 - Shortnin' Bread (Vocal by Dan Nordbye, formerly RB 257)
We also have a new female vocal by Krista Baird for RIV 525 - Cups (from "Pitch Perfect"), in the key of B. This also includes an instrumental track in that key. As always, if you've already bought RIV 525 and would like the new tracks, contact Bob Elling directly.
We've now substituted the proper RIV 911 release for the one that we accidentally re-re-released! It's still a re-release from the classic Red Boot library, originally heard in the musical Damn Yankees:
- RIV 911 - You've Gotta Have Heart (vocal by Lawrence Johnstone)
We've also added two more female vocals to patriotic songs, in time to practice for the 4th of July. These also include a copy of the instrumental pitched in the same key used for the vocal:
- RIV 542 - God Bless The USA (new vocal by Nelda Eaton)
- RIV 847 - God Bless America (new vocal by Nelda Eaton)
Also, Krista Baird has contributed an alternate vocal for RIV 560 - Goodnight Sweetheart.
As always, if you've already purchased any of these Riverboat releases and would like the new tracks, contact Bob Elling directly.
Posted on Saturday April 06, 2019With the CALLERLAB convention right around the corner, we're bringing out our April releases at the start of the month: a new singing call, a Red Boot re-release, and three new patters...
- RIV 904 - Talk Is Cheap (vocal by Isao Nakajima, Kumi Takahashi and Elite's Mitchell Osawa, with harmony by Kumi)
- RIV 905 - Secret Love (female vocal by Linda Rawlinson; the male vocal by Brent Mawdsley wasn't ready at time of release but will be coming)
- RIV 906 - Night In The City (Patter)
- RIV 907 - The Winner (Patter)
- RIV 908 - Snicker Doodle (Patter)
In addition, RIV 445 - Love In The Country is getting a new female version in key C (both instrumental and vocal) by Linda Rawlinson. Contact Bob Elling directly if you've already purchased RIV 445 and would like the new tracks.
Posted on Thursday March 21, 2019Our March releases include three new patters and three singing calls, two of which are from the classic Red Boot library:
- RIV 903 - Beyond The Border (Patter)
- RIV 902 - Jogger, The (Patter)
- RIV 901 - Quiet Place, A (Patter)
- RIV 900 - Dance The Two Step (Vocal by ESP's Elmer Sheffield, formerly RBS 1259)
- RIV 899 - Ain't Love A Good Thing (Vocal by ESP's Elmer Sheffield, formerly RB 163)
- RIV 898 - Looking Out My Back Door (Vocal by Noriko Shinogaya, Kumi Takahashi and Elite Records' Mitchell Osawa, with harmony by Kumi)
Take a moment to listen to "Ain't Love A Good Thing" — this isn't just a re-release of an old Red Boot tune. The rhythm track has been enhanced, and it really snaps!
Posted on Tuesday March 05, 2019Just in time for St. Patrick's Day, Krista Baird has contributed a female version (with key changed to A) of RIV 591 - Dear Old Galway Town, to accompany Jack O'Leary's original vocal. Check it out at www.riverboat.com/records/allmp3.php#RIV591 -- and, as always, if you've already purchased RIV 591 and would like the new vocal and re-keyed instrumental tracks, contact Bob Elling directly.
We've added two more female versions to already-released songs, and we've also identified the keys on the vocals and instrumentals for those songs:
- RIV 582 - Amazing
Nelda Eaton adds a female vocal in key A to Bob Farnell's original in key F.
- RIV 1025 - I Just Called To Say I Love You (part of our 2018 Autumn package)
Krista Baird adds a female vocal in key F to Dan Nordbye's originals in keys G and F#.
Check out the samples on our website...
...and remember to contact Bob if you've already bought one of the titles and would like to get the new tracks.