Posted on Monday November 11, 2019We've added a couple of female versions to our 2019 Christmas package that came out in September:
- RIV 1063 - Christmas Stuff (New female version in key Bb with vocal by Carol Hilliard (Reardon), with available harmony
- RIV 1065 - Meet Me Under The Mistletoe (New female version in key F by Carol Hilliard (Reardon)
In the past month, we've also added Japanese and Swedish versions of Silent Night (RIV 1062) to the package. As always, if you've already purchased the package (or the individual titles) and would like the new tracks, contact Bob Elling directly.
We also still have last year's 2018 Christmas Gold package available, including At Christmas, Country Christmas, Silver Bells, Oh Holy Night and three holiday patters. Check both packages out on our Packages page!
In addition, two years have gone by since we released our big 2018 Gold package, and the 30 titles in that package have now been released into our regular catalog as singles for the regular $7 price. These are all of the titles between RIV 751 and RIV 780, including I Need A Hero and I Love How You Love Me.
Posted on Thursday October 24, 2019We're a bit late getting our October releases out, but it's not the end of the month yet! Two new singing calls with vocals from our Japanese friends, and three new patters:
- RIV 939 - Rodeo (Patter)
- RIV 938 - Plasma (Patter)
- RIV 937 - Blarney Stone (Patter)
- RIV 936 - Jerusalem (Vocal by Mitchell Osawa, Duke Okada, Kumi Takahashi)
- RIV 935 - Will You Walk With Me (Vocal by Mitchell Osawa, Duke Okada, Kumi Takahashi)
Both of the singing calls include harmony tracks. Enjoy!
Posted on Thursday September 19, 2019Our 2019 mini-package of 6 Christmas songs is now available for $30, or you can buy individual titles from the package for $10 each. You'll have plenty of time to practice them up before the Christmas season comes! All 6 are singing calls this time around...
- RIV 1062 - Silent Night including
- Male instrumental and vocal (key Ab) by Brent Mawdsley
- Female instrumental and vocal (key F#) by Krista Baird
- French vocal by Jack O'Leary of Silver Sounds
- Plus an instrumental in key G that Jack used
- German vocal (Stille Nacht) by Nils Trottman of New-Beat
- Harmony track for the male version by Krista
- Harmony track for the female version by Brent
- RIV 1063 - Christmas Stuff (Vocal and harmony by Kip Garvey)
- RIV 1064 - God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen / Star Of Wonder including
- Male instrumental and vocal (key D) by Brent Mawdsley
- Female instrumental and vocal (key Bb) by Krista Baird
- Harmony tracks for each
- RIV 1065 - Meet Me Under The Mistletoe (Vocal by Dan Nordbye)
- RIV 1066 - You Make It Feel Like Christmas (Vocal by Dan Nordbye)
- RIV 1067 - Oh Christmas Tree including
- Male insrumental and vocal (key D) by Nils Trottmann of New-Beat
- Female instrumental and vocal (key C) by Krista Baird
- German vocal (Oh Tannenbaum) by Nils
Silent Night and Oh Christmas Tree are, of course, classic Christmas carols. God Rest Ye... / Star Of Wonder is a mini-medley of two carols, with "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" on the opener and figures, and the chorus of "We Three Kings Of Orient Are" on the middle break and closer. Christmas Stuff is a song originally by Nathan Carter, Meet Me Under The Mistletoe was originally done by Randy Travis, and You Make It Feel Like Christmas came from Gwen Stefani. So, you have a variety of sources and styles to choose from!
Posted on Friday September 06, 2019September songs are here! Three new patters, a new singing call from our Japanese friends, and three songs from the classic Red Boot library:
- RIV 934 - Crawfish Pie (Patter)
- RIV 933 - Minor Key Patter
- RIV 932 - Tag Along (Patter)
- RIV 931 - Day Dreams About Night Things (Vocal by Ron Schneider, formerly RB 192)
- RIV 930 - San Antonio Rose (Vocal by Steve Moore [courtesy Chic Recordings], formerly RB 263)
- RIV 929 - Taste Of The Wind (Vocal and harmony by Brent Mawdsley, formerly RB 292)
- RIV 916 - Hillbilly Girl (Vocal by Hiromi Kaneko and Kuniko Kawashima, with harmony track)
In caller school, we're told not to use music in a minor key, because it has a depressing and irritating effect. However, there's one time of year where it's completely appropriate. That's right -- look at Minor Key Patter to use at Halloween!
Posted on Thursday August 01, 2019For August, we have three new patters, two new singing calls with vocals by our Japanese friends, and two re-releases from the classic Red Boot library:
- RIV 928 - Run Robbie Run (Patter)
- RIV 927 - Gypsy Clogger (Patter)
- RIV 926 - May The 4th Be With You (Patter) (Plus vocal by Dan Nordbye)
- RIV 925 - Laughing On The Outside (Vocal by Lawrence Johnstone, formerly RBS 1287)
- RIV 924 - Help (Vocal by Max Masao Ringe, Noriko Shinogaya, with harmony track and alternate Plus vocal)
- RIV 923 - Circle Of The Sun (Vocal by Kaneko Jr., Kaz Tsujimura, with harmony track)
- RIV 922 - Country Honey (Vocal by Dan Nordbye, formerly RB 208)
"Run Robbie Run" is named for Bob Elling's son Robbie, who passed away last month after battling cancer for several years. For those who have been asking, there is no public memorial being planned.