Posted on Thursday September 14, 2017This month, we have three songs from the 2017 Gold Package making their debuts as singles, plus two songs from the classic Red Boot library and three new patters:
- RIV 684 - Oklahoma (vocal by Aaron Wells)
- RIV 687 - Shame Shame Shame (vocal and harmony by Chic's Shauna Kaaria)
- RIV 693 - Romping Stomping (vocal by Ken Bower)
- RIV 734 - I'd Say You (vocal by Duke Okada, originally RBS 1275)
- RIV 748 - Got Leavin' On Her Mind (vocal by Isao Nakagawa and Max Ringe, originally RB 278)
- RIV 749 - Sugar (Patter)
- RIV 750 - Southern Belle (Patter)
- RIV 751 - Country Mix (Patter)
Also, keep in mind that our 2018 Gold Package came out just a few weeks back - 30 new songs for $125. And this year, you can buy single titles out of the package for $10 each!
Posted on Sunday August 27, 2017In past years, we've introduced our new Gold package in November. However, this year the 2018 Riverboat Gold package is out NOW, before Labor Day!
We have 30 new songs, 5 patters and 25 singing calls, for $125. They range from classic standards to selections from recent motion pictures, including songs originally performed by Bobby Vinton, Glen Campbell, Merle Haggard, Michael Jackson, Bruce Springsteen, Gordon Lightfoot and numerous others. And, in addition to our staff callers and regular Japanese contributors, we have vocals provided by ESP's Elmer Sheffield, Tom Miller and Bill Harrison, Royal's Tony Oxendine and Joe Saltel, and Steve Edlund from British Columbia, Canada.
NEW THIS YEAR: We're making it possible to buy single titles out of the package. Single Gold titles will be $10 each.
Check out the 2018 Riverboat Gold package on our Gold page:
Posted on Thursday August 10, 2017We're bringing out our September releases even earlier than usual this time around. Why? Because we're gearing up to release the 2018 Gold Package two months earlier than normal, at the end of this month. (In time for Labor Day!)
This month, we have two new patter releases, a song from the classic Red Boot library, and four titles from the 2017 Gold Package making their debuts as singles:
- RIV 747 - Daisy Mae (Patter)
- RIV 746 - Buddy Holly Patter
- RIV 745 - Pick Me Up (Patter)
- RIV 744 - It's Been A Great Afternoon (Vocal by Elmer Sheffield and Darryl Lipscomb, formerly RBS 1245)
- RIV 683 - Sukiyaki (Vocal by Mac O'Jima)
- RIV 682 - Stand Beside Me (Vocal by Darryl Lipscomb)
- RIV 681 - Then The World Will Know (Vocal by Lawrence Johnstone)
- RIV 680 - Simple Life (Vocal by Lawrence Johnstone)
Check back near the end of the month to see the 2018 Gold Package. (Or, if you don't want to wait, email Bob Elling and he'll send you a preview link.)
Posted on Tuesday July 25, 2017When we came out with (Is This The Way To) Amarillo in last year's Gold package, we were set for Bob Baier to provide the vocal. However, a medical problem was preventing Bob from recording, so we released it with an alternate vocal by Lawarence Johnstone and left a place for Bob to add his at a later date.
Bob Baier has now been able to provide his vocal for RIV 691, and it has been added to the website. As always, if you've already purchased the title and want to receive the new vocal, just contact Bob Elling directly.
Bob Baier also has a vocal in the upcoming 2018 Riverboat Gold package. Watch for it!
Posted on Tuesday July 18, 2017We have three songs from the 2017 Gold Package making their single debuts, plus three new patters and three songs from the classic Red Boot library:
- RIV 676 - Matthew (vocal by Royal's Joe Saltel)
- RIV 678 - Bang A Drum (vocal by Royal's Joe Saltel)
- RIV 679 - Volcano (vocal by ESP's late Tim Marriner)
- RIV 737 - Lady Bugs (Patter)
- RIV 738 - New Beginnings (Patter)
- RIV 739 - Classy (Patter)
- RIV 740 - Shut Up And Fish (vocal by Michael Kelly, from a song by Maddie & Tae)
- RIV 741 - I'll Do It All Over Again (vocal by Elite's Mitchell Osawa and Kumi Takahashi, with harmony by Kumi, fomerly RBS 1293)
- RIV 742 - Hallelujah I'm Ready To Go (vocal by Koji Harai, Ko Iwata and Elite's Mitchell Osawa, with harmony by Kumi Takahashi, formerly RB 3080)
- RIV 743 - Natural High (vocal and harmony by Kaz Tsuzimura, formerly RBS 1248)
Volcano was Tim Marriner's last song for Riverboat. (He also did Goodnight Sweetheart, Pink Cadillac and Elmer's Tune.) Tim was well-known for the vocal effects he could produce, and this release includes a track featuring music with Tim's special effects on the figures, so that you can perform along with Tim.
You can find a video of Joe Saltel calling Matthew at the 2016 National Square Dance Convention in Des Moines, IA on our Facebook Videos page.