Posted on Wednesday October 10, 2018For a change, our October releases are actually coming out in October this time around! We have a patter and 3 singing calls...
- RIV 874 - Calico Cat (Patter) (Plus and A2 vocals by Darryl Lipscomb of ESP Recordings)
- RIV 873 - Over In The Glory Land (Vocal by Tac Ozaki, Duke Okada, Mitchell Osawa [Elite Records], Kumi Takahashi; includes 2 harmony tracks)
- RIV 872 - Down On The Farm (Vocal by Steve Moore of Chic Recordings)
- RIV 871 - This Is Me (Vocal by Kaneko Jr.)
This Is Me is from the motion picture "The Greatest Showman," done as an ensemble number in the film. You can see a clip of the film version on YouTube.
In addition, we have a new female vocal and female-key instrumental for RIV 513 - Simple Gifts (Lord of the Dance), by Lisa Lincoln. Those of you who've already purchased Simple Gifts can contact Bob Elling directly to receive the new tracks.
Posted on Saturday September 15, 2018Here's our next mini-package: 2018 Autumn Gold. It contains 9 new singing calls. (No patter this time around.)
- RIV 1024 - I Wanna Be Seduced (Vocal by Lawrence Johnstone)
- RIV 1025 - I Just Called To Say I Love You (Vocal by Dan Nordbye)
- RIV 1026 - Island In The Sun (Vocal by Steve Edlund, with a female version by Krista Baird)
- RIV 1027 - When You Say Nothing At All (Vocal by Jack O'Leary)
- RIV 1028 - North To Alaska (Vocal by Ken Burke)
- RIV 1029 - Love Is Kind Love Is Wine (Vocal by Bob Farnell)
- RIV 1030 - Birth Of The Blues (Vocal by Lawrence Johnstone)
- RIV 1031 - Little Sister (Vocal by Dan Nordbye)
- RIV 1032 - The House Is Rockin' (Vocal by Steve Edlund, Brent Mawdsley and Krista Baird, with a harmony track and a female version by Krista)
As with our other mini-packages, you can buy single titles out of the package for $10 each. Or, you can get all 9 for $45 -- 50% off the single-title price.
Posted on Monday August 27, 2018We've just added female vocals to several songs that have already been released in our catalog for a while.
- RIV 245 - Those Were The Days (new female vocal by Lisa Lincoln of Arrowhead Recording)
- RIV 260 - This Land Is Your Land (new female vocal by Nelda Eaton)
- RIV 286 - American Saturday Night (new female vocal by Krista Baird)
- RIV 506 - Mariah (new female vocal by Nelda Eaton)
As always, if you've already purchased one of these titles and would like the new vocal, contact Bob Elling directly. And, if you're a female caller who's interested in recording a vocal to one of our existing releases, contact him!
Posted on Wednesday August 15, 2018Here's our next set of releses, just as I'm getting ready to leave for the USAwest Square Dance Convention in Reno, NV. We have three new singing calls, three new patters, and two songs from the classic Red Boot library:
- RIV 870 - Rockin' Jayson Robert (Patter)
- RIV 869 - Zora's Dance (Patter)
- RIV 868 - Dancing In Dublin (Patter)
- RIV 867 - Do You Right Tonight (Vocal by Dan Nordbye and Ken Bower; formerly RB 214)
- RIV 866 - I'll Be, You Be (Vocal by Kaz Tsjuimura, Kiyomi Taneyama and Mitchell Osawa, with harmony by Kaz and Kiyomi)
- RIV 865 - All The Sweet (Vocal by Dan Nordbye; formerly RB 225)
- RIV 864 - It's Shouting Time In Heaven (Vocal by Duke Okada, Kumi Takahashi and Mitchell Osawa, with harmony by Kumi and Duke)
- RIV 845 - Victory In Jesus (Vocal by Mitchell Osawa, Koji Harai, Ko Iwata and Kumi Takahashi, with harmony by Koji, Ko and Kumi)
Our Japanese friends really enjoy doing gospel tunes! Check them out!
Posted on Tuesday July 24, 2018Here come our August releases: three new tunes, a couple of songs from the classic Red Boot library, and three new patters.
- RIV 863 - Deep Fried (Patter)
- RIV 862 - Tall Tales (Patter)
- RIV 861 - Pepperoncini (Patter)
- RIV 860 - Life Is Like A Mountain Railway (Vocal by Kaneko Jr., Hiromi Kaneko, Kuniko Kawashima, and Mitchell Osawa [courtesy Elite Records], with harmony by Hiromi and Kuniko)
- RIV 859 - Sing, Sing A Song (Vocal by Keita Takahata, with harmony and Japanese vocal by Kumi Takahashi)
- RIV 858 - Ramshackle Shack (Vocal by Kumi Takahashi, Duke Okada, Mitchell Osawa [courtesy Elite Records], with harmony by Kumi and Duke)
- RIV 857 - I May Be Used (Vocal by Dan Nordbye, formerly RB 2995)
- RIV 856 - I Love New Orleans Music (Vocal by Dan Nordbye, formerly RB 291)